Saturday, April 11, 2009

We are, who we think we are

--------------
Now playing: Blue October - Jump Rope
via FoxyTunes


I am who I think I am. If I think I am a loser, then I will be a loser. If I think I am a failure, then I will be a failure. You can't accomplish your dreams, or conquer your biggest obstacles, if you're constantly telling yourself, "You're not good enough", or "You'll just screw it up anyways". It also doesn't help when you have some of the closest people in your life saying those same things to you...but that's a totally different blog on a different day. I've spent the majority of my life, or at least the last 3-4 years of my life, saying those things to myself. It's no wonder that, putting it nicely, I am a single 23 yr. old virgin, living at home with his mom, with no car, no college degree, and working as a waiter at a sports bar. I am grateful for the life that God has given me, and know that in the end, God will have led me down the exact path that He chose for me to take. But I also know that I am not the best that I could be right now, I've made some poor choices in my life, and a lot of those choices, not all, some of them were just because of my poor judgment, but a lot of them were because of my attitude I had about my life, or life in general.

I am not saying that if I'd had a better attitude that my life would be different. Maybe I was just supposed to be a single 23 yr. old virgin, living at home with his mom, with no car, no college degree, and working as a waiter at a sports bar. Only God knows. All I know is that my life is better, my life is more joyful, and my future is brighter when I look at things with a positive attitude. When I remember that God is the conductor of my life, that every path I take, I am directed by Him, than everything else just falls into place. I am not a loser, I am not a failure. I am a child of God.

4 comments:

  1. Exactly what i have always tried to tell you....im glad you figured it out for yourself cause you are not a loser!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not a loser, I mean you have more WS titles than I do on WIS, in 1/4 the attempts (that says something right there, especially since I spend way more time on there and am way better at math :-p). You just know how to win, which means, "you are a winner!"

    No, but seriously, as long as you keep your head in the right place -- on God -- you'll be fine. And, more importantly, you'll feel good about your life, even if God has you as "a single 43 yr. old virgin, living at home with his mom, with no car, no college degree, and working as a waiter at a sports bar."

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if a child then an heir - an heir of God and a fellow heir with Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now you know why I am the way I am because if I dont believe in Clarence than who else is gonna believe, and thats why I can believe in you and your mom and everyone else that loves you but its gotta start from you in order for others to see it too! But now you know and I hope it shows cause my best friend is definatly not a loser! :D

    ReplyDelete